[GRASS-dev] Re: gis.m zooming: 2 new bugs

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Tue Sep 19 11:15:24 EDT 2006

Maciej Sieczka wrote:
> I can reproduce your test and indeed it's all perfect. But, watch
> another 2 swfs of mine to see under what circumstances it fails:
>
> http://kufaya.googlepages.com/area_zoom-out_bug_horizontal.html
> http://kufaya.googlepages.com/area_zoom-out_bug_vertical.html
>
> This looks wrong to me. What do you think?

Well, this is not really using the zoom-out box the way it should be: in
zoom-out mode, you draw a box to show at which size you would like the
currently displayed portion to be after zooming. So if you draw a box
which is larger then the currently displayed portion, you actually are
zooming in...

So, in my eyes this is not really a bug, but maybe there could be a
check and a warning: "WARNING: your zoom-out box cannot be larger than
the currently displayed region" or something like this.

Moritz