[GRASS-dev] v.to.db type=area: bug or typo?

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Thu Sep 21 07:27:34 EDT 2006

Radim,

One more thing. v.to.db Description says:

"(...) In uploaded/printed category values (...) 'null'/'-' if category
cannot be found or multiple categories were found."

I can't reproduce that. There is a vector 'landuse' in spearfish60
which has many centroids using the same category. When I print their
coordinates only cat 6 is reported (OK) but according to what
Description says, there should be some indicator of multiple cats
printed as well. I can't see any 'null'/'-' there:

$ v.to.db -p landuse option=coor type=centroid column=dum1,dum2
cat|x|y|z
6|602900|4915650|0
8 categories read from map
0 records selected from table
0 categories read from map exist in selection from table
0 categories read from map don't exist in selection from table
0 records updated/inserted
0 update/insert errors

Is Description wrong or is it a bug?

Maciek