[GRASS-dev] interferring ovewrite flags [was: [bug #5167] (grass) v.patch: -a(ppend) issues]

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Mon Sep 25 11:45:02 EDT 2006

On Mon, Sep 25, 2006 at 08:13:38AM -0700, Michael Barton wrote:
> Is having both -o and --o a problem?
>
> The reason I ask is that --o, by design, doesn't show up in the
> module/script GUI.

This is a problem which should be fixed in parser.c for
both XML and tcltk. I was already asked by several users
why --overwrite doesn't show up but forgot to report it
here.

> For r.mask, much of the time, the user will simply want
> to overwrite the existing MASK file, to avoid the annoyance of having to run
> g.remove each time (note the MASK file created by r.mask is a reclass of a
> real raster file, so there is little loss if it is deleted).
>
> So in this case, I'd prefer to have an overwrite option easily accessible to
> a user. How best to do this?

The --overwrite stuff already implemented for HTML/generic needs to
be added into the XML and TclTk sections in
lib/gis/parser.c

Markus