[GRASS-dev] interferring ovewrite flags [was: [bug #5167] (grass) v.patch: -a(ppend) issues]

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Mon Sep 25 11:13:38 EDT 2006

Is having both -o and --o a problem?

The reason I ask is that --o, by design, doesn't show up in the
module/script GUI. For r.mask, much of the time, the user will simply want
to overwrite the existing MASK file, to avoid the annoyance of having to run
g.remove each time (note the MASK file created by r.mask is a reclass of a
real raster file, so there is little loss if it is deleted).

So in this case, I'd prefer to have an overwrite option easily accessible to
a user. How best to do this?

Michael
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University