[GRASS-dev] r.le--after some fixes still needs work

William L. Baker bakerwl at uwyo.edu
Wed Sep 27 15:18:43 EDT 2006

Hello,

I tried r.le in CVS HEAD after Hamish made some fixes. The fixes took
care of some problems. But, r.le.pixel still crashes with memory bug and
r.le.setup does not display sampling units at all (communication with
display window is broken). It will take some time to fix these. So, I do
not think I can quickly get a working r.le. If you want a clean 6.2.0
release, then I suggest removing r.le from the next RC.

We can work on r.le and include it in 6.3.0 or just go forward with
r.li. But, I am not opposed to leaving the r.le source code in the 6.2.0
release if you want to do that, even though it does not work correctly.
The r.le.patch program "appears" to work OK--we could just leave it
alone in the 6.20 release. It is r.le.setup and r.le.pixel that are
broken in 6.2.0.

Bill Baker, Univ. of Wyoming