[GRASS-dev] r.le--after some fixes still needs work

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 28 04:17:47 EDT 2006

William L. Baker wrote:
> I tried r.le in CVS HEAD after Hamish made some fixes. The fixes took
> care of some problems.
..
> But, r.le.pixel still crashes with memory bug

G63: spearfish> r.mapcalc elev=elevation.dem # it didn't like @othermapset
G63: spearfish> r.le.pixel elev att=b1

PARAMETER CHOICES:
        MAP:      elev
        SAMPLE:   whole map
        ATTRIBUTE MEASURES:
                  mean pixel attribute
mkdir: cannot create directory `r.le.out': File exists

R.LE.PIXEL IS WORKING....;

Segmentation fault

this happens in G_free(), raster/r.le/r.le.pixel/cellclip.c line 417:

  switch (data_type) {
     case CELL_TYPE:
        G_free (tmp);
        break;

compile time warnings:

cellclip.c: In function `cell_clip_drv':
cellclip.c:82: warning: passing arg 2 of `cell_clip' from incompatible pointer type
cellclip.c:129: warning: passing arg 2 of `center_is_not_null' from incompatible pointer type

> and r.le.setup does not display sampling units at all (communication
> with display window is broken).

Interactive modules need to call R_flush() after graphics calls if the
graphics driver is left open. (fixed in CVS) The mouse guide-box is
still not right, but I think that's minor- I'm more concerned with
getting the module functional.

> It will take some time to fix these.

maybe just more simple little things...?

> So, I do not think I can quickly get a working r.le. If you want a
> clean 6.2.0 release, then I suggest removing r.le from the next RC.

we'll see how it goes over the next day or two, I await your feedback.
The documentation still needs porting from GRASS 5.4. (anyone keen?)

> r.le.dist is something I should update to 6.XXX, but that will take
> quite some time (months).

currently I only see the code in GRASS 4.3:
 src.nonGPL/raster/r.le/r.le.dist/

so I guess it needs support for FCELL, DCELL maps (float/double);
NULL cells (r.mask); and of course some sort of GPL compatible
license.

Hamish