[GRASS-dev] [bug #5161] v.digit: no toolbox if Grass 6.3 built with tcl/tk 8.3

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Thu Sep 28 11:09:10 EDT 2006

I believe that other things will break if you try to run gism with TclTk
8.3. I know that the georectifier uses a labelframe, and I'm pretty sure
that there are other items scattered here and there. Like I noted before,
8.4 has been out for many years, is widely available, and is near to being
replaced by 8.5. So I only have lukewarm concern for things that don't run
in 8.3. Life is too short and the GRASS team salaries aren't all that great
;-). If you want to track them down and find an old way to achieve this, I
guess that's OK. But I'm not sure it's worth it.

Michael
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213