[GRASS-dev] enable forwarding all GRASS GForge traffic to grass-dev ML?

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 2 20:53:45 EDT 2007

Maciej Sieczka wrote:

> In the report I mention, I wrote that propably enabling such a
> permanent CC to grass-dev ML might not be welcome, as the list is high
> traffic anyway. However, thinking about it more, I came to conclusion
> that the extra traffic would be less problematic than the lack of info
> flow we face currently.

I agree.

> Given the cons and pros, would anybody object enabling all the
> discussion taking place in GRASS GForge trackers to be forwarded to
> grass-dev ML? At least until a CC option becomes available in GForge.

it would be nice if the cc'd emails only contained new bug comments.
 * skip messages from minor tracker edits.
    eg "priority changed to ..."
 * don't include full bug history in each email, only the newest comment.

otherwise too much noise. at minimum a "cc" field in the bug tracker
would let us manually enter grass-dev, as the old system did.
Maybe add grass-dev as an interested party in the bug report?

Also how to enable reply-to-bug from grass-dev?

thanks,
Hamish