[GRASS-dev] [grass-code I][356] Georectifier auto-extension

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Tue Apr 3 18:48:30 EDT 2007

This is doable, but complicated, involving creating another dialog box.

I'm trying to focus my development efforts on the new wxPython GUI and do
only minor improvements, optimizing, and bug fixing with the TclTk version
of 6.3 (which is enhanced in a number of respects over the 6.2.1 version
that you are using).

Sorry, but I only have so much time and am devoting too much already to
GRASS GUI development (because I enjoy it). It would be fine if someone else
wanted to add this enhancement.

Michael

On 4/3/07 1:22 PM, "grass-codei at wald.intevation.org"
<grass-codei at wald.intevation.org> wrote:

> code I item #356, was opened at 2007-04-03 22:22
> Issue type: module bad feature
> Issue status: None
> GRASS version: 6.2.1
> GRASS component: gis.m
> Operating system: Linux
> Operating system version: Debian sid
> GRASS CVS checkout date, if applies (YYMMDD):
>

> Initial Comment:
> Georectifier calls i.rectify with a pid extension. This is quite bad. For
> instance, when rectifying an hyperspectral image with bands numbered 1..200,
> you will get many rasters with long random suffixes such as:
>
> myimage.4812345
>
> which is ugly. It would be much more sane asking the user an extension (e.g. I
> prefer a 'R' suffix for manually rectified images).

> You can respond by visiting:
> http://wald.intevation.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=204&aid=356&group_id=21

Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213