[GRASS-dev] [grass-code I][359] GRASS fails to build with make -j3

grass-codei at wald.intevation.org grass-codei at wald.intevation.org
Thu Apr 5 06:01:55 EDT 2007

code I item #359, was opened at 2007-04-05 12:01
Issue type: other bug
Issue status: None
GRASS version: CVS HEAD
GRASS component: build
Operating system: all
Operating system version:
GRASS CVS checkout date, if applies (YYMMDD): 050407

Initial Comment:
On multi cpu machines it is possible to speed up compilation time greatly using the -j switch with make (eg. -j3 for 2 cpus).

make -j3 works fine on my dual core Intel with all the software I'm building from source (including eg. PROJ, GEOS, HDF4, POSTGIS, GDAL, QT4).

But when I build GRASS with make -j3, plenty of errors  crop out after "Waiting for unfinished jobs...." information. In a result, no single GRASS module is build properly. However, GRASS builds fine on the same machine if -j3 is not used.

configure and make logs attached.

Maciek