[GRASS-dev] terracost and large files more generally

Gerald Nelson gnelson at uiuc.edu
Sat Apr 7 09:13:39 EDT 2007

While you (plural) are cranking on the next release, it's probably not the best time to ask but...

- would it be possible to add the terracost functionality to r.cost (http://www.bowdoin.edu/~ltoma/research.html). My impression is that for a C programmer it would be fairly easy.

- file size limitations issues. I'm bumping up against a 2 gb limit in r.out.arc. We're using grass6.3, compiled with large file support and we can't export files that would be larger than 2 gb. My postdoc (who knows java but not C) and I looked at the source code for r.out.arc and couldn't see any obvious reason why there would be a size limit.

Thanks,

Jerry
Gerald Nelson
Professor, Dept. of Agricultural and Consumer Economics
office: 217-333-6465
cell: 217-390-7888
315 Mumford Hall
1301 W. Gregory