Updated r.colors - was: [GRASS-dev] problem with r.colors on Mac

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Fri Apr 13 14:10:07 EDT 2007

Michael Barton wrote:

> 1) for the rules entry, can it be a browse prompt initially set to the
> directory where these rules files are stored rather than a list? That way,
> users could also select their own rules files stored anywhere on their
> system.

As I've mentioned before, that isn't the purpose of the rules= option.

Once I've merged the rules= and color= options, I can re-use the
rules= option to read rules from a file (but I don't think that you
can specify a default directory for a file option).

Beyond that, it may be worth replacing colour=rules with a flag. Or
even a completely separate r.colors.rules module (I think I've already
expressed my opinions on having an interactive mode in a module which
is otherwise non-interactive).

For now, I'm going to wait to see if any issues arise from the most
recent round of changes.

> 2) it might be good in the long run to change the equalization and log flags
> to an "enhance=" argument. That way other enhancement algorithms (e.g.,
> gaussian) could be added without making a lot of flags.

I'll look into it either when I eventually deal with the rules=/color=
issue (probably 7.x) or when another "modifier" actually gets added.