[GRASS-dev] Google Summer Of Code Project

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu
Tue Apr 17 13:43:11 EDT 2007

We will try to get out a new, more modern data set that is planned as
a replacement for spearfish,
it has been already tested with almost every raster module and most
vector modules,
we just need to cleanup the names and add metadata. The data set has
at least building footprints
so you can generate simple buildings using v.extrude, but I am
working on getting
some real buildings data too. Let me discuss with Markus the best way
to provide
the data set for early testers/developers.

Helena

Helena Mitasova
Dept. of Marine, Earth and Atm. Sciences
1125 Jordan Hall, NCSU Box 8208,
Raleigh NC 27695
http://skagit.meas.ncsu.edu/~helena/