[GRASS-dev] [grass-code P][372] scritps for converting raster maps into GRASS 7 format, and back

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Thu Apr 19 10:45:02 EDT 2007

On 4/18/07 11:02 PM, "Hamish" <hamish_nospam at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Perhaps Python would be a better compromise? (assuming it will be
> required dependency for the GUI+1 anyway)

Unless there is a strong movement in another direction, this will be the
case.

The GUI development is moving along so well that we can drop TclTk
completely if we can get a wxPython equivalent for NVIZ. This is a lot of
work, of course, but wxPython development has moved at surprising speed once
we really started working on it. There is built in support for an OGL canvas
within wxPython once pyOpenGL is installed.

If Python becomes a required dependency, it opens up a lot of potential for
very sophisticated scripting.

Michael

Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University