[GRASS-dev] [grass-code P][372] scritps for converting raster maps into GRASS 7 format, and back

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Thu Apr 19 12:08:48 EDT 2007

Michael Barton wrote:

> > Perhaps Python would be a better compromise? (assuming it will be
> > required dependency for the GUI+1 anyway)
>
> Unless there is a strong movement in another direction, this will be the
> case.
>
> The GUI development is moving along so well that we can drop TclTk
> completely if we can get a wxPython equivalent for NVIZ. This is a lot of
> work, of course, but wxPython development has moved at surprising speed once
> we really started working on it. There is built in support for an OGL canvas
> within wxPython once pyOpenGL is installed.

GLCanvas is part of wxPython itself:

	http://wxpython.wxcommunity.com/docs/api/wx.glcanvas.GLCanvas-class.html

You shouldn't need pyOpenGL unless you're planning on making OpenGL
calls from Python. The only parts of NVIZ which make OpenGL calls are
Togl and do_zoom.c. NVIZ is just a UI; all of the actual work is done
by the OGSF library.