[GRASS-dev] nviz crashes on MacOSX

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Thu Apr 19 14:55:49 EDT 2007

On Apr 19, 2007, at 12:47 PM, Agustin Diez Castillo wrote:

> I did compile with TCLTKPREFIX=/usr/local/tcltk. At first it
> refuses to launch grass, if the terminal was already open nothing
> happened otherwise I got this:

How are you starting the GRASS-6.3.app?  From the path you are in
when you fire up gis.m, it looks like you may have started it from a
Terminal?

> ***********************************
> After fixing .grassrc GRASS_GUI=tcltk (as expected it changes to
> text after failure) it starts either the aqua tclktk or the x11 one
> (arbitrarily as far as I can say); after several tryouts I got what
> I want grass started from x11 but nviz still crashes, I have tried
> from both the icon and the terminal. Now everything I try but nviz
> is working

Does the NVIZ crashlog show the system TclTk still?  If so, NVIZ
itself may have linked to the wrong TclTk, even though the rest of
GRASS uses the X11 TclTk.  Try this in a new Terminal window:

otool -L /Applications/GRASS-6.3.app/Contents/Resources/etc/nviz2.2/nviz

/usr/local/tcltk/lib/libtcl8.4.dylib and /usr/local/tcltk/lib/
libtk8.4.dylib should be listed, not the Tcl or Tk frameworks from
the system.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

First Pogril: Why is life like sticking your head in a bucket filled
with hyena offal?
Second Pogril: I don't know.  Why IS life like sticking your head in
a bucket filled with hyena offal?
First Pogril: I don't know either.  Wretched, isn't it?

-HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy