[GRASS-dev] nviz crashes on MacOSX

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Thu Apr 19 16:03:10 EDT 2007

On Apr 19, 2007, at 2:19 PM, Glynn Clements wrote:

> Agustin Diez Castillo wrote:
>
>> I did compile with TCLTKPREFIX=/usr/local/tcltk. At first it refuses
>> to launch grass, if the terminal was already open nothing happened
>> otherwise I got this:
>> ***
>> *******************
>> GRASS 6.3.cvs (Projecte):/Applications/GRASS-6.3.app/Contents/
>> Resources > gis.m &
>> GRASS 6.3.cvs (Projecte):/Applications/GRASS-6.3.app/Contents/
>> Resources > Xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by server
>> Xlib: No protocol specified
>>
>> Application initialization failed: couldn't connect to display ":0.0"
>> Xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by server
>> Xlib: No protocol specified
>
> This implies that no X server is running.

And supports my suspicion that Agustin started GRASS.app from the
Terminal.  GRASS.app is meant to be double-clicked to start.  The
GRASS.app startup adds some convenience items to start X11 and setup
some environment var defaults appropriate for OSX.  It should be
possible to run this startup from the Terminal, but I haven't tested
that and there may be problems.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Those people who most want to rule people are, ipso-facto, those
least suited to do it."

- A rule of the universe, from the HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy