[GRASS-dev] Re: SoC 2007

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Fri Apr 20 06:56:09 EDT 2007

Hello Wolf

On Fri, 20 Apr 2007, Wolf Bergenheim wrote:

> Google does provide space in code.google.com, so I guess we could use
> that, I suppose, but the idea is that the community should also try the
> students' code, during the summer, not only the mentor. But I can live
> with having a grass_soc repository on code.google .com ,and then from
> there I can commit say weekly working versions of the code to the main
> GRASS CVS repository. Would that be OK with you people?

I don't see any reason why the students can't have CVS access so they can
commit directly? When they think the code is ready for testing. But I
expect it will be further into the summer before there is something ready
to commit and thus a place to collaborate over the initial prototype is
necessary.
Can other devlopers access the google repository too - I'm thinking of
perhaps discussions on the mailing list when we want to point out
something specific in the code.

Paul