[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASSGUI] numeric-numpy-scipy for graphs?

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sun Apr 22 11:16:48 EDT 2007

I wouldn't mind.  As a bit of perspective, the GDAL Python interface
uses Numeric for it's old bindings and Numpy for its new bindings, so
either will be something many GRASS users will probably have.

On Apr 22, 2007, at 1:45 AM, Michael Barton wrote:

> We need to create a graph/plot for at least 2 functions in the
> wxgrass GUI—profile plotting and histogramming. I did the TclTk
> profile module with just standard graphic calls. However, wxPython
> has a very nice plot control:PyPlot. It has lots of nice options,
> including ways to save the plot easily.
>
> BUT, it requires numeric or numarray — which have been superceded
> by numpy or scipy. These are as available the main python package
> and provide a rich scientific computing library for Python and
> wxPython. It looks like these are available for all platforms
> either as binary or source files. However, it would be another
> dependency.
>
> So what do you think? Should I install numpy (or scipy) and try the
> PyPlot or just create these modules with simple graphics?

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Oh, look, I seem to have fallen down a deep, dark hole.  Now what
does that remind me of?  Ah, yes - life."

- Marvin