[GRASS-dev] Re: numeric-numpy-scipy for graphs?

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Sun Apr 22 23:40:17 EDT 2007

Following up on this and the many other interesting posts to this thread...

I asked if anyone objected to having numpy or scipy (incluing numpy) as a
dependency for the new wxPython GUI. The response has been overwhelmingly in
favor, pointing out the many things possible with this kind of package.

I just want to use it to make nicer plotting easier (e.g., for profiling and
histogramming) in the GUI, but obviously it has other uses. And of course,
there are a number of other even more sophisticated plotting/graphing
packages that also run under wxPython and scipy.

Michael

On 4/22/07 1:36 PM, "Syd Visser" <sydv at sjgeophysics.com> wrote:

> We use enthought open source tool suite http://www.enthought.com/ which
> contains Numpy, SciPi and numerous other packages.
> our main use is with Matplotlib and Chaco for 2D graphs and MayaVi2 for
> 3D graphics
> I think these packages would be well worth having a close look at
> especially MayaVi2 (Python wrapped VTK) for the 3D graphics.
>
> thanks
> Syd

Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University