[GRASSGUI] Re: [GRASS-dev] numeric-numpy-scipy for graphs?

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Mon Apr 23 14:12:46 EDT 2007

Michael Barton wrote:

> A couple thoughts to add to the good discussion below.
>
> Using native GUI graphics can make for much nicer output. Look at the TclTk
> text layer in the current GUI. I is the only thing that currently outputs in
> postscript/eps.

Are you comparing it to stroke fonts or TrueType fonts?

I'm well aware that the stroke fonts are rather ugly; they're
maintained because they're guaranteed to work on all drivers and the
same set of fonts is always available.

If you use TrueType fonts, there's no reason why the quality should be
any worse than Tk's own text items, and may be better (d.text[.new]
and the PNG driver will generate anti-aliased output).