[GRASS-dev] numeric-numpy-scipy for graphs?

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Tue Apr 24 03:25:10 EDT 2007

On 4/23/07 10:50 PM, "Hamish" <hamish_nospam at yahoo.com> wrote:

>> d.histogram already can render to a graphics file that can be
>> displayed in a canvas. An equivalent (non-interactive) d.profile does
>> not exist (perhaps a flag added to r.profile?)
>
> I don't fully understand your idea, but if you are getting at what I
> think you are getting at, I'm a bit doubtful that it should be in
> r.profile. (better use a wrapper script that calls r.profile)

d.histogram can be run non-interactively. This makes is possible to have it
draw to a PNG and popup in a window. d.profile cannot be run interactively.
So without some kind of modification (to d.profile or r.profile) the only
recourse is to draw the profile in the GUI, like in the TclTk one.

> IMO GRASS 5 d.profile and d.histogram are too ugly to live. I welcome
> GUI replacements for them both.

No disagreement from me about the need for better versions of both. I don't
mind doing this in the GUI. But if we can have nice C versions that can be
called from a script or displayed in the GUI, that's OK too.

Michael

Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213