[GRASS-dev] [grass-code I][451] "place with mouse" gets confused when placing several different layers

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Thu Aug 2 21:10:25 EDT 2007

Moritz,

Could you try with clicking inside the coordinate box of the layer desired
before trying to place with a mouse? Also, I've had luck with deselecting
and reselecting the place with mouse check box for a layer.

This is kind a hack, since you can't really place these items interactively
with the current setup (but you can with wxgrass). What is going on is that
clicking with a mouse will pick up screen coordinates, which are then passed
back to the coordinate field for the layer in question. If the desired layer
is not active the coordinates will end up in the wrong box or it won't be
able to find the box it is supposed to put them in. There may be other
causes that make the coordinates end up in the wrong layer too.

Unfortunately, the TclTk error is not more informative than the above
summary.

Michael

On 8/1/07 4:21 AM, "grass-dev at grass.itc.it" <grass-dev at grass.itc.it> wrote:

> code I item #451, was opened at 2007-08-01 13:21
> layers
> Issue type: module bug
> Issue status: None
> GRASS version: CVS HEAD
> GRASS component: tcl/tk GUI
> Operating system: Linux
> Operating system version: Debian Etch
> GRASS CVS checkout date, if applies (YYMMDD): 070801
>

> Initial Comment:
> The "place with mouse" option in the tcl/tk GUI seems to get confused when
> placing several different types of layers.
>
> 1) Place a text with the mouse, then place a ps-text with the mouse. If you
> then select the text-layer again and replace it with the mouse, it disappears.
>
> 2) Place a ps-text with the mouse, then place a text with the mouse. If you
> then select the ps-text layer againg and replace it with the mouse, it will
> appear at the wrong place.
>
> 3) Place a text, then place a scalebar. When you select the text again and try
> to place it, the following error appears. The same (or very similar) happens
> with different combinations of scalebar and text or ps-text.
>
> invalid command name ".mainframe.frame.pw1.f1.frame.sw.sf.frame.fr.at2.b"
> invalid command name ".mainframe.frame.pw1.f1.frame.sw.sf.frame.fr.at2.b"
>     while executing
> "$pctentry delete 0 end"
>     invoked from within
> "if { $pctentry != "" } {