[GRASS-dev] [grass-code I][451] "place with mouse" gets confused when placing several different layers

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Fri Aug 3 06:34:58 EDT 2007

On 03/08/07 03:10, Michael Barton wrote:
> Moritz,
>
> Could you try with clicking inside the coordinate box of the layer desired
> before trying to place with a mouse?

Doesn't change anything.

> Also, I've had luck with deselecting
> and reselecting the place with mouse check box for a layer.

This works.

> This is kind a hack, since you can't really place these items interactively
> with the current setup (but you can with wxgrass). What is going on is that
> clicking with a mouse will pick up screen coordinates, which are then passed
> back to the coordinate field for the layer in question. If the desired layer
> is not active the coordinates will end up in the wrong box or it won't be
> able to find the box it is supposed to put them in.

But the desired layer _is_ active, i.e. highlighted in yellow.

> There may be other
> causes that make the coordinates end up in the wrong layer too.

It sounds more like the variable which determines which layer to
attribute the coordinates to is not reinitialised when you select a
layer. It only is when you uncheck+check the "place with mouse" box.

In view of the upcoming wxgrass gui, and unless identifying the culprit
in the tcl/tk gui is not too difficult, knowing that unchecking+checking
solves the problem is probably enough for me for now (maybe we should
add a hint somewhere).

Moritz