[GRASS-dev] [grass-code I][455] r.proj segfaults after Jul 14 changes

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Sun Aug 12 04:15:51 EDT 2007

On Sat, 11 Aug 2007, Hamish wrote:

> A main reason for using G_done_msg() is that when run from a GUI it is not
> clear when the module has finished. Preferably the module's GUI output would
> print:
>
> [green check mark] "$MODULE complete."
>
> when the process has stopped but in the past (tcl gui) it was unclear how to do
> that.
>
> If the module is run from the command line the message is mostly redundant.
> Right now from the GUI you get output like:

> Processing ...
> Writing map ...
> n features cleaned
>

> But there really isn't any indication that the module is done.
>
> so really G_done_mgs() use is a sypmtom of a GUI shortcoming which is impinging
> onto other things.

ISTR if you look at the "title bar" for the currently running module in
the gronsole screen there is a running man icon when the module is
running, and it disappears when the module completes. Could def. be more
obvious though. And if there is a lot of output it scrolls off the top of
the screen and you don't see it.

Paul