[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASSGUI] cannot change the raster map in layer (wxpython)

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Sun Aug 19 11:17:43 EDT 2007

Thanks for the details Jarek

On 8/19/07 2:22 AM, "Jarek Jasiewicz" <jarekj at amu.edu.pl> wrote:

> I have wxgrass installed from 18.08.2007, morning, on ubuntu feisty
> I add the layer, ad the raster map to layer and make refresh on map display.
> Next step I call the properties window (both method) on layer choose
> another map from combo menu, I press aplly and nothing change i.e map
> remains the same
>
> I can change the map name manually, e.g I can type the name of the map
> in the combo and that way it work. I hope I write it out in propertyly.

This is important to know. I've sometimes had the reverse experience. If I
pick from the combo box, it works. But if I type in manually it doesn't

> I assume that there is three ways:
> -for unknow resason it do not works only on my machine
> -it do not on ubuntu feisty on the whole
> -there is small bug

I'm guessing a bug. But maybe it's one that can have a workaround. I saw
last night that there is a new wxPython release, with new installation for
Debian. Maybe that will help.

> I rather expected that somebody confirm or not that problem.

Most people working on this are still gone for the summer, and the semester
is just starting for me, with a LOT of work at my REAL job ;-)

I do not know the cause of your problem. Also, I can't personally test it
because I work on a Mac and not a Debian system.

HOWEVER...

Hearing your description, suggests that some kind of change to the selection
control bindings might help. When I get a chance, I'll try to follow this
up. Also, other people working on wxgrass will start to be back over the
next few weeks and might have some ideas.

Michael

Director of Graduate Studies
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University