[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASSGUI] Re: wxgrass won't work - how to set up digitization?

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Fri Aug 24 15:53:09 EDT 2007

Martin Landa wrote:

> > > in C++ is written only minimalistic display driver (library) for
> > > digitization tool which draws vector elements on map canvas. This
> > > library is used only for rendering purposes (question of speed).
> >
> > Do you mean the actual rendering, or retrieving the vector data to be
> > rendered?
>
> Sorry, I mean retrieving the vector data to be rendered...

That probably does need to be done in C.

You could use a slave process to do that part, but it would need to be
persistent; you can't spawn a new command for each operation.

If the Python code is loading a binary module which uses the GRASS
libraries, the digitiser needs to be a separate process from the rest
of wxgrass.