[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-user] GRASS6.3 on Windows

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Wed Aug 22 10:58:13 EDT 2007

This sounds like it would be really nice. My dream is to find a way to
'seamlessly' (overused buzzword, but appropriate here) integrate 2D views
with 2.5-3D views in the GRASS display system, so that it is just another
way to look at the same geospatial data rather than needing to launch a new
module.

Please keep thinking about it.

Michael

On 8/22/07 4:22 AM, "Paul Kelly" <paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk> wrote:

> What I was getting at is that you don't have to use NVIZ and/or Tcl/Tk to
> create 3-D views in GRASS. NVIZ is just a Tcl/Tk interface to the gsurf
> library (lib/ogsf) which is written in C. So my idea was to write some new
> C modules that link against libgrass_ogsf and duplicate the functionality
> of NVIZ but in a much more easily scriptable way. I'll keep quiet about it
> again though unless I actually get time to see how easy it is to do, as I
> really am not too sure how much work it would be.

Director of Graduate Studies
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213