[GRASS-dev] GRASS 6.3.0 release preparation

massimo di stefano massimodisasha at yahoo.it
Wed Aug 22 15:03:44 EDT 2007

Hi,

i do not know if this is usefool for the list,

using grass6.3.cvs, i tried to "annotate"
some really smooll issues that i had during my study :

1)
using the grass-addons v.out.ascii.db i have this error log :

Multiple tables: using first one [bugsites]
sort: unrecognized option `--'
Try `sort --help' for more information.
sort: unrecognized option `--'
Try `sort --help' for more information.
v.out.ascii.db done.

i modify in the script from :

# sort both by cat
sort -n --field-separator='|' --key=$N "$COOR_TMP" > "$COOR_TMP".s
sort -n --field-separator='|' "$ATTR_TMP" > "$ATTR_TMP".s

to :

# sort both by cat
sort -n -t '|' -k $N "$COOR_TMP" > "$COOR_TMP".s
sort -n -t '|' "$ATTR_TMP" > "$ATTR_TMP".s

now seems that works fine.

2)
when i start grass i have this message :

Rebuilding Addon HTML manual pages index...
cat: global_i.atcorr.html: No such file or directory

but the i.atcorr help page is regulary available

3)
v.type.sh
works if it is called from the gui or from the TCL-shall,
but not works if it is called from the bash shall
coping the scripts v.type.sh
from "../etc/gui/scripts/"
to "../Resources/Scripts/"
  solved the problem

4)
from the gui menu :

vector -> network analisys -> shortest route visualization only
(d.path)

i have :

can't read "xmonlist": no such variable
can't read "xmonlist": no such variable
     while executing
"lindex $xmonlist 0"
     (procedure "guarantee_xmon" line 16)
     invoked from within
"guarantee_xmon"
     invoked from within
".#menubar.#menubar#menu3.#menubar#menu3#menu12 invoke active"
     ("uplevel" body line 1)
     invoked from within
"uplevel #0 [list $w invoke active]"
     (procedure "tk::MenuInvoke" line 50)
     invoked from within
"tk::MenuInvoke .#menubar.#menubar#menu3.#menubar#menu3#menu12 1"
     (command bound to event)

the same problem that affect "d.nviz" ?

5)

starting the module v.build

whent the gui of this module is started, i have a "crazy moving" of
the window contents.
resizing the window, moving the botton right corner of the tcl window
fix the "crazy moving"

need to change :(GRASS_WIDTH= , GRASS_HEIGHT=  ) ?

6)

in v.digit :

after i add a new line to an existant vector file :

vec_up.png
i had this message :

Cannot update table:
DBMI-DBF driver error:
SQL parser error: syntax error, unexpected WHERE, expecting NAME
processing 'where'
in statement:
update str_11 set  where cat = 2
Error in db_execute_immediate()

but checking in the vector, i see that the new object is added
without issue.

7)

using v.db.add.table i've :

dbmi: Protocol error

Error while executing: "CREATE TABLE str_11 at kml (cat integer)
"
Cannot continue.

  it do not accept the "@" character