[GRASS-dev] Re: wingrass and nviz

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Mon Dec 3 02:37:56 EST 2007

He can launch it both from the *.bat file AND from the mysys terminal.

Launched from the *.bat file, nviz doesn't work (at least it doesn't
at present). It DOES work when GRASS is launched from the mysys
terminal.

Michael

On Dec 3, 2007, at 12:26 AM, Moritz Lennert wrote:

> Michael Barton wrote:
>> One of my RA's got nviz to work, after reading your posts about
>> scripts. But it required putting the grass directory INSIDE of the
>> mysys directory, since mysys seems to have trouble finding
>> locations above the level of it root directory.
>> Have any of you found this?
>
> Once again, could you please clarify how grass is launched exactly ?
>
> If you work within the msys shell and launch grass from within
> msys, make sure you launch the grass63 script. This works just like
> in *nix and calls Init.sh which adds GISBASE to the PATH, so you
> should not have to move around anything.
>
> Moritz

Director of Graduate Studies
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University