[GRASS-dev] Re: question about potential enhancements to dbms

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 05:09:29 EST 2007

Michael,

2007/12/1, Michael Barton <michael.barton at asu.edu>:

[snip]

> 1) What about adding a "display selection" button? Currently, you need to
> double click a record for it to highlight (AFAICT). This is easy for a
> single record, but trickier for multiple selections. A "display selection"
> button would make this easier. It could also make it easy to display the
> results of an SQL selection.

Highlighting selected features is accessible also from the contextual
menu. Select item(s), right click, "Display selected". I will add also
"Display all" (for SQL selection).

> 2) How about an "extract to new vector" button? This would take the current
> selection and run v.extract to create a new vector based on your sql or
> interactive selection.

Good idea. I can see you have already implemented this functionality. Great.

> Finally, I have a question (actually a group of questions). I can easily
> edit the first record in the browse list control, but can't edit any other
> ones. Is this a setting? A bug? Is a button needed to turn on editing? Could
> it be with double clicks if we have a display selection button?

Only first? Select item, right click, "Edit selected record". Seems to
work for me.

> Also, there is a bug in an editable list control that I've reported and I'm
> wondering if you have it with Linux too. I can edit any field that is
> showing completely in the window, without scrolling to the right. If you
> have to scroll right to the field, and double click to edit it, it will edit
> some field to the left instead of the field you intended to edit. It shows
> up for me in the wxPython demo as well as in the dbms table.

It was bug I just forgot to comment listmix.TextEditMixin for virtual
list. You can edit records from contextual menu ("Edit selected
record").

Martin

--
Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com> * http://gama.fsv.cvut.cz/~landa *