[GRASS-dev] GRASS CVS to SVN migration starting...

Markus Neteler neteler at fbk.eu
Fri Dec 7 10:12:11 EST 2007

Hi developers,

we have green lights from everywhere to start the CVS to SVN
migration. Intevation will stop the SSH daemon at a time
which we have to define now (we expect on Sunday, 9 Dec 2007).

Then
- Martin will run rsync to fetch latest CVS changes onto
  http://josef.fsv.cvut.cz/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi
- will run the cvs2svn magic
- will dump the entire SVN into a file
- send it to OSGeo (Howard Butler there)
- Howard will import into OSGeo's SVN server and prepare
  things

We'll hang out in IRC #telascience and #grass to work on
this.

A couple of developers are already write-enabled for the
new OSGeo-GRASS-SVN (the other devs: please respond to my
recent two emails!).

Further details at
http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/wiki/GRASS_Migration_to_OSGeo

Best and thanks to all people involved