[GRASS-dev] Question about SVN access via Trac

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Tue Dec 11 18:55:52 EST 2007

On 11/12/07 17:18, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Moritz Lennert wrote:
>
>>> Michael,
>>>
>>> A number of projects run cronjobs on download.osgeo.org to prepare night
>>> SVN snapshots.  Would this satisfy the need you see?  I can work with
>>> anyone
>>> interested in setting this up.
>>
>> I think that a 'download tarball' button would be nice, as this allows
>> to download a tarball of just any directory you want.
>  >
>> This seems to be implemented in Trac, but needs to be configured via
>> the 'downloadable_paths' variable. See
>> http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracIni#svn.
>
> Moritz,
>
> I reviewed this and it appears this just gives the one-file-at-a-time
> downloading option.  It does not appear to allow downloading directories
> and directory trees as a tarball.

I'm not going to make issue of this (I do think that there are more
important issues), but at [1] you are able to download directories. They
actually seem to limit downloading to fairly low-level directories, not
giving the opportunity to download a tarball of the entire repository
[2]. BTW, I got this address from a discussion in trac's trac available
at [3], but I am definitely not an expert on Trac, so there might be
some other hacks behind this.

Moritz

[1] http://trac-hacks.org/browser/pydocplugin/
[2] http://trac-hacks.org/browser