[GRASS-dev] r.li (landscape indices)

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Mon Feb 5 09:24:36 EST 2007

Serena wrote me she has a new version available.
Serena, could you please send it at your earliest convenience?
pc

Markus Neteler ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> I would really get this one solved... we are currently updating the
> GRASS book
> (3rd edition) and it would be a pain to either not write about r.li or
> to have
> the names wrong.
>

> Hamish wrote on 01/30/2007 12:45 AM:
>> serena wrote:
>>
>>> If there aren't problems I'll change r.li names.

>>> so:
>>>
>> [including Serena's updates]
>>

>>> r.li.contrastWeightedEdgeDensity    will be    r.li.cwed
>>> r.li.dominance          will be          r.li.dominance
>>>

>> nice
>>

>>> r.li.edgedensity        will be          r.li.edgedens
>>>

>> IMO r.li.edgedensity is preferable (16 chars).
>>

>>> r.li.meanPatchSize          will be          r.li.meanps
>>> r.li.meanPixelAttribute     will be          r.li.meanpa
>>>

>> similar enough to be confusing?
>> what about r.li.patchsize  or r.li.mps  ??
>>
>> I don't have very good ideas about the other one:
>>   r.li.pixelatt  ??   r.li.meanpixatt  ?? r.li.mpa  ??
>>   (of those I prefer r.li.mpa, ....)
>>

>>> r.li.patchAreaDistributionCV          will be       r.li.padcv
>>> r.li.patchAreaDistributionRANGE       will be       r.li.padrange
>>> r.li.patchAreaDistributionSD          will be       r.li.padsd
>>>

>> nice
>>

>>> r.li.patchdensity           will be          r.li.patchdens
>>>

>> IMO r.li.patchdensity is preferable (17 chars).
>>

>>> r.li.patchnumber      will be          r.li.patchnum
>>> r.li.richness         will be          r.li.richness
>>> r.li.shannon          will be          r.li.shannon
>>> r.li.shape            will be          r.li.shape
>>> r.li.simpson          will be          r.li.simpson
>>>

>> nice.
>>

>>> also, because of the structure of r.li, I think is not a good idea to
>>> lump different modules.
- --
Paolo Cavallini
email+jabber: cavallini at faunalia.it