[GRASS-dev] [bug #5483] (grass) g.mremove through gis manager GUI seems not to work well

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Wed Feb 7 10:14:54 EST 2007

These kinds of interactive questions and often extraneous warnings seem to
be popping a lot recently. It's almost like they were built into the code
but not being triggered and some recent change has triggered them.

An especially annoying one warns me that map I am using is indeed the same
map that I am using in the mapset where I'm working.

The problem reported here hangs the code in the auto-generated gui dialogs
for modules, not the general GIS Manager gui. I haven't ventured into that
code much; Cedric Shock and Glynn Clements know it best. I suspect that
you're right and the -f flag needs to be added as a default when the module
is started without arguments (i.e., launches the module GUI).

The odd thing is that this was not happening until recently. So the larger
question is why are we now getting a lot of verbose warnings and interaction
request that didn't happen before?

Michael