[GRASS-dev] [grass-code issues][279] Define location with EPSG codes hangs grass

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Sat Feb 10 11:14:35 EST 2007

This is a known problem. Some EPSG codes don't have quite enough information
to properly define a project. The underlying GRASS module then attempts to
"ask" the user for more information, assuming that the user is running the
module from an interactive xterminal. Because the user is NOT running the
module from an interactive xterminal, there is no way for the user to know
that more information is needed or to respond. This is currently being
fixed.

Michael

On 2/10/07 4:21 AM, "grass-codeissues at wald.intevation.org"
<grass-codeissues at wald.intevation.org> wrote:

> code issues item #279, was opened at 2007-02-10 12:21
> Issue type: module bug
> Issue status: None
> GRASS version: CVS HEAD
> GRASS component: None
> Operating system: Linux
> Operating system version: debian testing 2.6.18-3-486
> GRASS CVS checkout date, if applies (YYMMDD): 070210
>

> Initial Comment:
> When I try to define a new location from startup window, using the option EPSG
> codes I give the code number (23030) and click on Define location button and
> grass hangs and I have to close and restart it. I've tried in two different
> machines with the same linux and grass installation (cvs snapshot from
> 07-02-04 and 07-02-10) and problem is the same

> You can respond by visiting:
> http://wald.intevation.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=204&aid=279&group_id=21

Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University