[GRASS-dev] Re: gis.m, thematic layer: You must open a display monitor

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Tue Feb 13 09:29:54 EST 2007

I have no idea. Perhaps I'm imagining things, but I swear that I'm seeing a
LOT more of these messages recently--with their deleterious effects on
scripting. Hamish says they've been there all along. I'm suspecting that the
code for the message has existed, but they did not get parsed for some
reason. But that is just speculation.

Michael

On 2/13/07 6:19 AM, "Moritz Lennert" <mlennert at club.worldonline.be> wrote:

> Michael,
>
> I am seeing a new error for d.vect.thematic. Trying to display a
> thematic layer fails with the message: *** You must open a display
> monitor ***
>
> I can reproduce this with any spearfish vector layer.
>
> The problem seems to be in lines 336-345 where it checks for the
> existance of an x-monitor. It seems to do this unconditionally, so even
> if you run it from the GIS Manager it still checks and fails if there is
> not monitor.
>
> I can't find anything recent in the commit logs that would explain this,
> so before trying to go deeper into it, I wanted to know if you had an
> idea why this is suddenly happening.
>
> Moritz

Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University