[GRASS-dev] Re: gis.m, thematic layer: You must open a display monitor

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Tue Feb 13 10:22:54 EST 2007

On 13/02/07 16:06, Michael Barton wrote:
> There should be a flag to send output to the gis manager. This flag should
> cause this conditional to be skipped.

The flag is $GIS_FLAG_S:

On line 860ff you have this:
# reset rendering for GUI use
      if [ "$GIS_FLAG_S"  -eq 1 ] ; then
[...]
        d.mon select=$currmon
[...]
fi

In my understanding, unless someone works in parallel with GIS Manager
and x-mons, $currmon will be empty and this is where this error message
comes from.

Maybe it's just a problem of an unequal number of if and fi calls...

But I don't have the time to go into the file in detail now...sorry.

Moritz