[GRASS-dev] display/drivers/HTMLMAP status

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 13 18:37:39 EST 2007

Glynn Clements wrote:

> Markus Neteler wrote:
>
> > I have seen that we have
> > display/drivers/HTMLMAP
> > in 6.3-CVS but it miserably fails to compile.
> >
> > This is the last trace:
> > http://grass.itc.it/pipermail/grassuser/2007-January/037891.html
> >
> > I think that it is a nice driver but I cannot estimate
> > how painful an update would be.
>
> As I said before, unless someone fixes d.vect to use the driver's
> polygon-filling operations (for map areas, not just label boxes),
> there isn't any point in having the HTMLMAP driver.

You say "unless someone fixes d.vect". Does that imply the current
method is broken versus using the R_*() fns? Or is it just not condusive
to a working HTMLMAP driver? Will the current d.vect method be faster
than using lib fns which will take time rendering polygons which will
end up being off screen?

bug or design choice?

Hamish