[GRASS-dev] Re: winGRASS

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Tue Feb 13 20:24:01 EST 2007

On Wed, February 14, 2007 02:03, Glynn Clements wrote:

> Moritz Lennert wrote:
>

>> However, this does not solve the g.manual issue. I still get
>> "LOCATION_NAME not set" whenever I try to launch g.manual. Actually I
>> get
>> this whenever I try to launch something (script or C-binary) via
>> %GRASS_SH% which is set to msys' sh.exe. But even within this shell,
>> echo
>> $LOCATION_NAME gives me the correct location name, so I don't understand
>> where this message comes from :-(
>
> LOCATION_NAME is a GRASS variable, not an environment variable. Check
> that the value of $GISRC and the contents of the file to which it
> refers are sane.

That was it: echo %GISRC% gives .grassrc6, but it needs c:/.grassrc6 to work.
(As mentioned in a previous mail I had tried with g.gisenv before and it
showed a correct LOCATION_NAME, but I think I got confused between two
installations of GRASS - now it also fails with "LOCATION not set" until I
correct the $GISRC setting ...).

Now g.manual starts in its original form (no playing around with g.parser
calls), but I get:

g.manual entry=d.vect
Starting browser <url_handler.bat> for module d.vect...
url_handler.bat file://c:/GRASS/grass-6.3.cvs/docs/html/d.vect.html

And then nothing happens.

Moritz