[GRASS-dev] [grass-doc I][296] unescaped quotes and other validation issues in help index

grass-doci at wald.intevation.org grass-doci at wald.intevation.org
Fri Feb 16 10:36:24 EST 2007

doc I item #296, was opened at 2007-02-16 09:36
Issue status: None
Doc section: all
GRASS version: CVS HEAD
Doc timestamp (YYMMDD): 070215

Initial Comment:
build_html_index.sh has some unescaped quotes that get dropped when echoed to the index files.  There are also a few out of place <p> tags with missing/implied closing tags - probably from old-fashioned html habits.

This patch for build_html_index.sh takes care of those.  But I noticed some other html validation issues in individual help pages - various extra closing tags, tags inside other tags when they shouldn't be, many implied closing tags.

While implied closing tags are OK in basic html, perhaps all the help html needs a sweep to clean up html, possibly updating to recent standards.