[GRASS-dev] Modules (was: Cygwin winGRASS 6.2 Errors! [SUCESS})

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Sun Feb 18 18:43:23 EST 2007

Maciej Sieczka wrote:

> >> http://www.qcad.org/qcad.html
> >> (see http://www.qcad.org/qcad_doc_faq.html#36 ff for licensing)
> >
> > Requires Qt 3.x, the native Windows version of which isn't free.
>
> As of 2006/03/20, Qcad was ported to QT 4 [1].

However, that version (2.1.0.0) still isn't available under the GPL
yet (the most recent GPL version is 2.0.5.0).

But the lack of polyline support in the GPL version is probably fatal
in terms of using QCad as a v.digit replacement. AFAICT, the omission
is intentional, to encourage users to purchase the full version.