[GRASS-dev] Modules

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Sun Feb 18 19:09:40 EST 2007

Glynn Clements wrote:

>>> Requires Qt 3.x, the native Windows version of which isn't free.
>> As of 2006/03/20, Qcad was ported to QT 4 [1].
>
> However, that version (2.1.0.0) still isn't available under the GPL
> yet (the most recent GPL version is 2.0.5.0).
>
> But the lack of polyline support in the GPL version is probably fatal
> in terms of using QCad as a v.digit replacement.

Glynn,

Getting back to your previous "not enough manpower for v.digit"
argument, please note that there is already a nice v.digit replacement
in QGIS 0.8:

1. it does all that v.digit does + more
2. is actively maintained (!), mainly by Radim Blazek
3. QGIS treats GRASS vectors as any other OGR ones - let's you query,
do thematic mapping, browse attribute table, measure area/distance,
reproject on-the-fly and stuff
4. QGIS 0.8 is based on Open Source QT 4
5. works natively on Windows, Linux, Mac (more?)

Maciek