[GRASS-dev] [bug #5219] (grass) d.vect display=cat works only for layer 1

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 19 00:42:32 EST 2007

Maciej Sieczka wrote:

> d.vect pts2 layer=2 display=shape,cat
>
> he will expect that categories for layer 2 will be displayed, not for
> layer 1, as it happens currently.

as it happens currently if the user sets llayer incorrectly (by not
setting it at all).

> Only if he really wants to display geometry from layer 2 and
> categories (or other labels) belonging to layer 1, he should have to
> explicitely set llayer=1.
>
> The conclussion is, if my thinking is correct: shouldn't llayer
> default to layer, if not explicitely requested differently?

easier said than done; the parser can't know before hand what the answer
to another option will be. but it is possible to give it no default and
add to the llayer's option description that it will use the layer= answer
if not given. While possible, I'm still not sure if it's advisable. (shrug)

Hamish