[GRASS-dev] Re: winGRASS

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Tue Feb 20 04:06:10 EST 2007

On Wed, February 14, 2007 14:23, Moritz Lennert wrote:
> On 14/02/07 11:57, Glynn Clements wrote:
>> Moritz Lennert wrote:
>>
>>> Now g.manual starts in its original form (no playing around with
>>> g.parser
>>> calls), but I get:
>>>
>>> g.manual entry=d.vect
>>> Starting browser <url_handler.bat> for module d.vect...
>>> url_handler.bat file://c:/GRASS/grass-6.3.cvs/docs/html/d.vect.html
>>>
>>> And then nothing happens.
>>
>> Does running the command directly from a command prompt work? It's
>> possible that the MSys shell is interfering in some way.
>>

> Yes, running
> url_handler.bat file://c:/GRASS/grass-6.3.cvs/docs/html/d.vect.html
> launches my default browser with the d.vect man page.

Still trying to solve this issue. The path of the g.manual command is
currently:

bin/g.manual.bat launches GRASS_SH to call scripts/g.manual:
@"%GRASS_SH%" -c '"%GISBASE%/scripts/g.manual" %*'

scripts/g.manual is a normal shell script which calls:

"$GRASS_HTML_BROWSER" file://"$GRASS_DOC_BASE"/docs/html/$1.html

If $GRASS_HTML_BROWSER is set to the path to firefox of IE they run
perfectly. If it is set to url_handler.bat, I get the above message
without anything happening.

url_handler.bat contains just one line:

rundll32.exe url.dll,FileProtocolHandler "%*"

Any hints ?

We obviously could just tell people that they have to set
GRASS_HTML_BROWSER in Init.bat to their favorite browser...

Moritz