[GRASS-dev] WxPython front-end to ps.map

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 20 20:51:39 EST 2007

Moritz Lennert wrote:
> > currently ps.map should support rgbcolumn map instruction for
> > vpoints, vlines and vareas (committed to CVS). Testing welcomed:-)
>
> I've tested for vareas and vpoints and have not encountered any
> problems. Great job !
>
> Just one small issue:
>
> WARNING: The mapping instruction <sizecol> will be renamed to
> <sizecolumn> in future versions of GRASS. Please use <sizecol>
> instead.

FWIW, <rgbcol> was a bad choice (probably my fault) as "col" can be
easily mistaken to mean "color", not "column". It's not self-documenting
and not intuitive.

FWIW2, <sizecolumn> and <rgbcolumn> are a lot of letters strung
together and an "_" between the words would make them much more
readable. But I'm not concerned about this enough to ask for it to be
changed, and hopefully the instruction names will be buried beneath a
GUI layer before too long and only the GUI devels will have to worry
about it.

Hamish

ps - I look forward to trying out the new features!