[GRASS-dev] Modules

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Wed Feb 21 11:06:43 EST 2007

But we are not, at least for an overall GUI. This was hashed out a year ago,
including discussions of mergers (no interest in either group and different
trajectories).

IMHO, while digitizing is important, this one function doesn't seem a
sufficient reason to scrap all the planning and work invested for continuing
to evolve the main interface for GRASS when it is going according to plan
and schedule--including work on a replacement digitizing module. As you've
pointed out, an interactive interface is a very important component of a
GIS. I don't think that depending on an independent, separate project to
provide the primary user interface for GRASS is in the best interests of the
project and its users.

Michael

On 2/21/07 2:52 AM, "Brad Douglas" <rez at touchofmadness.com> wrote:

> And if we are going with QGIS, then it would be extremely beneficial to
> both projects to discuss possible merger or at least coordination.

Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213
fax: 480-965-7671