[GRASS-dev] Modules

Brad Douglas rez at touchofmadness.com
Wed Feb 21 18:15:34 EST 2007

Thank you for making my point.  That was essentially what I getting at
by "merging projects".  I was aware of previous discussions and was
pretty certain that it wouldn't ever happen.

No matter how painful it may be, GRASS needs its own method of
interactivity.  Coding it in a way that messages could be passed to and
from other GUIs would also be advantageous.  But there has been no
consensus on how to pass those messages (plain text, XML, raster or
vector map) and that has stopped me from rewriting some of the imagery
modules so that some of the display code can be deprecated (libvask
comes to mind).

Most of the existing interactive code can go away, but digitizing and
point selection *must* remain.

--
Brad Douglas <rez touchofmadness com>                    KB8UYR/6
Address: 37.493,-121.924 / WGS84    National Map Corps #TNMC-3785