[GRASS-dev] v.transform - RT #5210

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Fri Feb 23 17:00:02 EST 2007

Michael Barton wrote:

> I didn't know that v.transform had any interactive functionality.

	vector/v.transform/ask_trans.c

> How was it accessed?

If you specify neither -s nor pointsfile=, you get a vask form.

Except that it doesn't work since Radim increased MAX_COOR from 10 to
1000 (you end up with a 1007-line vask form, which won't work).

	revision 1.4
	date: 2004/11/13 12:29:36;  author: radim;  state: Exp;  lines: +1 -1
	noninteractively

IOW, the interactive mode hasn't worked for the last two years.

> My only concern is that v.transform is used in the TclTk georectifier. It
> uses the point file option. Let me know if any of the options or flags have
> changed for this command.

The patch marks -s as "superseded"; it still works, but the intention
for future versions is that failure to specify a pointsfile= option
will cause the shift/rotation parameters to be used.