[GRASS-dev] v.transform - RT #5210

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 26 01:27:57 EST 2007

Martin Landa wrote:

> I have tried to remove interactive functionality from v.transform (see
> [1]). Any objections to committing the changes to CVS?

IIRC that ineractive code isn't currently working.

I only object to removal if the (unused) interactive code includes
functionality that the non-interactive mode doesn't supply (yet). If
removed it will for all practical purposes be lost forever. If left
inactive maybe someone will merge it one day; the extra code bloat
is minor vs. the cost of duplicated development time.

I looked at this some months ago and whiel I don't remember all the
details, at that point I decided to leave the unused code in, either
because it wasn't fully merged into non-interactive mode, or it
contained something interesting.

e.g. RMS error reporting?

If I'm wrong about unported features and interesting things, then by
all means please do remove it.

Hamish